Yields About 5 cups of granola
A lower fat, lower calorie alternative to traditional granola with a hint of peanut butter. This recipe is perfect as a topping on yogurt or on its own as a snack to-go!
15 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter, melted slightly so that it is pourable
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment or aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-large bowl, combine the oats, flour and brown or coconut sugar.
- Microwave the peanut butter for about 20 seconds or until soft enough that it is pourable. Add the peanut butter, apple juice, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the oat mixture.
- Mix using your hands until thoroughly combined. Crumble the granola dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, evenly distributing it.
- Bake for 25 minutes then remove from the oven and stir the granola around so that it cooks evenly and does not burn. Return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes.