Is there anything quite like a homemade pizza with a glass of wine to cap off a long day? This Roasted Vegetable Pizza with Pesto & Herbed Goat Cheese is loaded with fragrant vegetables and topped with creamy goat cheese. If you’re feeling ambitious, make your own pizza crust or otherwise buy at your local grocery store or bakery.
You might see this recipe and think OH HECK NO I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME FOR THAT BUSINESS.
But I would like you to stop right there and say, think again my friend. Homemade pizza can absolutely be an amateur sport and I am here to show you how it’s done. For those of you readers who are feeling a little extra ambitious and like that kind of challenge (I know who you are), I’ll provide both the ‘easy-peasy’ steps and the ‘professional baker’ instructions below.
If you’re an EASY-PEASY kind of reader and you value quick dinners with minimal preparation:
Either buy a pizza dough ball at your grocery store or local bakery (usually they have them by the bakery section in the fridge – you might have to ask if you don’t see them out on the store floor). Alternately, you can absolutely just buy an already made pizza crust in the bakery section. Don’t matta to me. You do you.
If you’re a PROFESSIONAL BAKER kind of reader and your idea of a blissful Sunday is making your own dough, then by all means, DO IT:
Honestly, I use Sally’s Baking Addiction Homemade Pizza Crust recipe every single time and it works like an absolute charm. I would highly recommend it. Or, if you have another tried and true recipe, want to experiment with different grain combinations or go gluten-free, then go for it. The world is your oyster.
Yields 6 slices
Is there anything quite like a homemade pizza with a glass of wine to cap off a long day? this Roasted Vegetable Pizza with Pesto & Herbed Goat Cheese is loaded with fragrant vegetables and topped with creamy goat cheese. If you're feeling ambitious, make your own pizza crust or otherwise buy at your local grocery store or bakery.
30 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- Dough for 1 Pizza crust (homemade or store-bought - see post for details on homemade)
- 1/2 medium purple eggplant, chopped into thin 1/2" slices
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped into 1/2" slices
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped into 1/2" slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small log (about 140g) of herbed goat cheese (plain works too!)
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- Balsamic reduction (optional but highly recommended)
- If you are making dough from scratch, prepare in advance (see post for details on homemade dough).
- Start by roasting the vegetables. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment. Toss the chopped eggplant, zucchini and red onion with extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are done roasting, allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Preheat the oven again to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the meantime, prepare your pizza pan - to ensure that the dough does not stick, spray thoroughly with non-stick spray or coat with olive oil and then sprinkle with either flour or cornmeal.
- Once prepared, stretch your dough into a circle or square until it reaches the edges of your pan.
- Spread the pesto evenly over the crust and then top with roasted vegetables and crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until the edges of the crust are nicely browned. If you are using balsamic reduction, drizzle generously over the pizza and enjoy.