Light and fluffy Garlicky Mushroom & Kale Crustless Quiche. Filled with buttery mushrooms and nutritious kale, topped with crumbly feta cheese. An easy dish to make for brunch with friends!
The art of brunch.
A tiny bit stressful, because suddenly you’re expected to cut time out of your morning sleep-in to make said brunch food. But also so fun because you get to make allll of the Pinterest recipes that you pin under “Munchin’ while Brunchin'”, but would never actually make for yourself unless you had a reason to… (Which I never do aside for the maybeee one brunch I host a year.)
But alas! This Garlicky Kale & Mushroom Crustless Quiche is a great option if you are looking for something to bring to Easter brunch. It’s super easy to customize for dietary restrictions. Without the crust, it’s inherently gluten-free. If there’s lactose issues, you can feel free to forego the cheese, load up on the veggies and swap the milk for a lactose-free variety.
Brunch away friends!
Yields 8-10 slices of quiche
Light and fluffy Garlicky Mushroom & Kale Crustless Quiche. Filled with buttery mushrooms and nutritious kale, topped with crumbly feta cheese. Perfect easy dish to make for brunch with friends!
25 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2.5 cups chopped cremini or white mushrooms
- 4 cups packed, chopped fresh kale (stems removed) (can swap for fresh spinach)
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon corn starch (dissolved in 1 tablespoon of warm water)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (if you use feta, decrease the salt to 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese + 2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top (optional.. but definitely recommended!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, grease a 9-inch pie plate with oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add packed kale. Continue stiring until kale is fully wilted. Remove pan from heat and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, corn starch, salt and pepper. Whisk with a fork or wire whisk until eggs start to bubble slightly.
- Stir in mushroom spinach mixture and 1/3 cup feta cheese if using.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie plate. Top with 2 tablespoons of feta cheese and a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper (optional). Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a tester placed in the middle of the quiche comes out clean.