This Sriracha Tofu Brown Rice Bowl features fresh, vibrant vegetables and soya sauce-infused crispy tofu. Topped with a slightly spicy Sriracha mayo for added heat. Keep it versatile by using any local or seasonal asian vegetables.
Yields About 3 rice bowls
1 hr, 5 Prep Time
10 minCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 350g extra-firm tofu, pressed with a paper towel to remove some of the moisture
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1.5 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1.5 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 avocado
- Sriracha mayo (to drizzle on top)*
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Rinse brown rice well under cold running water. Combine brown rice with 1 1/4 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil on the stove over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer, cover the pot with a lid and cook for about 45 minutes or until rice is tender. (Or prepare according to package instructions).
- Dice tofu into cubes. Add all ingredients for the marinade (except the vegetable oil) in a bowl. Add tofu to the marinade and place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. Stir 1-2 times throughout.
- While tofu is marinating, prepare carrot, cucumber, red cabbage and sugar snap peas.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Separate the tofu from the marinade and saute in the pan until lightly golden (only about 3-4 minutes).
- Heat remaining marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat until slightly thickened (about 5-8 minutes).
- To prepare bowl, add rice, tofu, carrot, cucumber, red cabbage, sugar snap peas and avocado to a bowl. Drizzle with Sriracha mayo and sauce prepared from the marinade. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional).
*To make your own, just combine mayonnaise with Sriracha hot sauce. Make it as mild or spicy as you prefer.